Every year there is a conversation started around the beginning of December about will my mum be making her amazing truffles this year, Well of course the answer is always yes. They have become a real hit with all our family and friends and they are usually devoured in minutes.
I couldn’t even tell you how or when it even started but I know something it is one of the best thing my mum has started and I think alot of family and friends will agree too. Since moving out last year I decided I would start making them as well because they are quite easy to make. So I thought I would kindly share the recipe with you all below too.
What you will need:
- 8oz Bournville or dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of Brandy
- 3oz Margarine
- 4oz Icing Sugar (Sived)
- 4oz Ground Almond
What to do:
- Break up the chocolate and melt in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, when it starts melting add the margarine and then the Brandy, keep stiring it.
- While that is melting, get another bowl and put the ground almonds in and then Sive the icing sugar, stiring them all together.
- Slowly add the ground almonds and Icing Sugar to the chocolate mix bit by bit making sure it is all mixed in together.
- Once it is all mixed in leave the mixture to cool for around 10 – 15minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Finally roll into chocolate hundred and thousands, and place in the mini cake cases.
This is the end product and I have to say they are delicious and Rachel at Parenthood highs and lows would say the same.
Would love to hear your thoughts if you have a go at making these.