Memories are a precious thing, and when it comes to a once-in-a-lifetime situation such as a marriage, you want it to be as special as possible with as few problems as you can afford. However, one of the main issues with wedding planning and marriage is that far too many people are concerned about how to make their wedding perfect in the eyes of an article they read or with advice from a magazine.
Try to avoid wedding planners if possible
This isn’t the right way to go about planning weddings. Your wedding and proposal should be a collection of things that you and your partner share. Be it your interests, hobbies or the music you love—it should be about your union, not someone else’s ideas. Sure, a wedding planner can be a great boon and they’ll help you manage a lot of things with your wedding, but here are some drawbacks that you may not have considered:
- Wedding planners are expensive – unless you’re willing to put down a lot of money to get some assistance, you might not want to choose a wedding planner. They’re expensive and you’re not always guaranteed to get a great service. If you want something done correctly, you’re going to have to do it yourself. Then there are hidden costs to consider later on when your wedding planning proposes something you never accounted for.
- Wedding planners will take control from you – if you have absolutely no idea what you want to do with your wedding, a wedding planner is going to strip control away from you. If you really have no idea about what you want, then a wedding planner can be helpful. However, if you have some ideas that you want to see come true, then skip the wedding planner.
- You lose the sentimentality of planning your own wedding – as mentioned before if you want something done you do it yourself. You’re going to miss out on a lot of memories if you don’t plan your own wedding, so try to avoid them if possible.
A few pointers to create a memorable wedding
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, here are some positive ways to create a memorable wedding:
- Pick out the wedding bands as soon as possible – you’re going to spend a lot of time looking at classic mens wedding bands and something to accompany it. It’s going to be costly and you’re going to want it to be perfect in your eyes, so spend as much time as possible planning this.
- Choose and theme and stick with it – want a wedding based on an interest that you and your partner love? Perhaps you love the idea of a classical church wedding, or maybe you want to do away with tradition and host your wedding someplace more modern.
- Make everything bespoke – be it a bespoke wedding dress, suit or even decorations, don’t buy something that is pre-made if you want to stand out and have a memorable wedding.
- Pick a venue that goes with your theme – barns don’t have to be the only place to host a wedding and neither is a church. You could pick a pub if you’re deeply integrated into the local community, or you could pick a huge castle if you want a more traditional theme. You could even have it outside!
Hopefully, this advice has helped you form a memorable wedding. These ideas are only the tip of the iceberg, but the main things to take away are to avoid wedding planners if possible and personalise it all the way.