I have never been a gambler of any sort, other than playing the odd game of the national lottery – if you class that as gambling and only ever been in a casino 3 times and even then I think I only spent £10 but it’s all for fun and I know when to stop.
There are so many ways, from online sites and shops now where you can access machines to play a game of roulette or card games, but with Online casinos it shows you the Top 10 best online casinos rooms and includes reviews of explaining what each site is all about meaning you can easily scroll down looking for who has the most stars, again helping to guide you into making the right decision and lastly If there are any promotional offers running for better chances of winning and how much can be won
My top tips for playing safe
- Know your limits, if you don’t know when to stop then it’s not a good place to start as you could get into a lot of trouble not to mention debt.
- Set a money limit and stick to it – have a look at your finances and see how much you could spend without jeopardising other responsibilities
- Set a time limit and stick to it – try to allocate a time when you will leave the venue or website to help you stick to your budget
- Expect to lose and treat any winnings as a bonus – treat gambling just like going to a concert or out to eat: don’t expect to get your money back at the end
- Have other hobbies and interests – make sure that you keep up with other hobbies and interests
- Be open and honest about your gambling – if you find yourself struggling to be honest about what you’ve spent or how you’re spending your time, consider finding some help
- Understand the game, odds and house edge – knowledge is power!
- Only use cash – a great way to stay on budget
- Quit when you are ahead
- Don’t gamble alone – making sure there is someone who can take care of you is a great idea
Things to Avoid
- Borrowing money to gamble – it’s not advisable to borrow money or lend someone money to gamble, and there is no guarantee you will get it back
- Developing strategies for gambling games – the definition of gambling means there is always a chance you could lose more money
- Trying to win back money you have lost – this might seem like a good idea, but can be a slippery slope
- Keep playing until you get lucky – by then it might be too late
- Believe you will win – confidence is key with lots of things in life, but not gambling. In fact it’s probably better to expect you will lose!
- Gambling for a long time without a break – always take a break
- Gamble as a way to cope with bad feelings – gaming when you’re feeling low might seem like a distraction, but might make the problem worse in the long ru
This is a Collaborative Post, However all thoughts & Opinions are my own