Over the last 4 year, with 2018 been my 5th year, I have been picking money up off the floor. I started recording what I found back in 2014 just out of curiosity.
Am I a tramp for doing this? I don’t think I am, but each person has there own opinion and that is fine.
Whether it’s pennies, small change or even the odd occasion of a note I find, I pick it up, I don’t even hesitate and put it straight in my pocket. I don’t class this as stealing, as it is not like it is at a cash machine etc but just change that someone has either dropped or discarded.
2014 -£45.24 – This was my biggest find so far
2015 – £5.74
2016 – £9.11
2017 – £20.14
2018 – £13.50
I know it isn’t a lot of money over the 12 months, but it doesn’t matter to me and takes no effort to pick it up.
what do I do with it at the end of each year?
It gets put into another pot ready to go into our savings accounts, as my moto is “Every penny counts” and helps towards something we may want to buy in the future.
Would love for you to leave your opinions on this and if this is something you would or wouldn’t do and why.
Back in October we arranged a surprise trip to Dublin for a weekend for our Friends 30th Birthday, his wife organised it all and we had a great time – Kid free too.
Here is what I thought?
I have never been to Dublin but the others had but it was a city I wanted to visit. We had an early flight and surprised our friend at the airport, and he was shocked and a little confused when we walked over to him.
We arrived in the town centre around lunchtime and headed straight to find food, then the pub crawl started. There was a few places I wanted to visit whilst I was there to tick off my list.
This was one bar I really wanted to visit and we did, and I’m so glad we did, it was packed but was so worth it, there was a live band singing Irish songs and lots of people dancing. Me and Laura got shamrocks glitter tattoos on our cheeks. The atmosphere was amazing.
I’m not a cultural person but when we went to Dublin I wanted to visit the castle so on the Saturday Morning, we got up and did exactly that, the sun was shining but was chilly still. The gardens and surrounding grounds were beautiful.
I don’t like whiskey but wanted to go on a tour to the factory as my husband wanted to see it to, as he had already experienced the Guinness factory. You know what the drinks were really nice. We were gutted we couldn’t get on the tours as they were booked up.
Have you been to Dublin? I would recommend a visit if you can.
I, by I, I really mean the husband uses the mirrored cabinet for all his hair products gels, waxes, spray bottles but I won’t bore you with that.
In our cupboard we have:
Toilet paper – One of the essentials to be in the cabinet as you don’t want to be caught short while doing your business.
Sanitary care – A ladies essentials for once a month. will say no more.
Toilet rim blocks – I think there is like 6 of them in there I buy a couple every time I see them on offer as I am really OCD about my toilet, like to make sure it is clean and smells fresh.
Antibacterial wipes – Another essential I love, to just wipe down all the surfaces and it leaves the room smelling all Citrusy and clean.
Bleach – I get through so many bottles as put it down the toilet every other day, I don’t buy expensive bleach just Aldi’s own brand as it does what I need it too and smells good.
Other cleaning products -We have got Flash bathroom, Astonish bathroom and Mr Muscle. I use these weekly when cleaning but I know I am running low so need to stock up on more soon.
Johnson’s Shampoo & Infacare bath foam – Obviously these aren’t mine, we keep Freddie’s products in here too
Frog hand mitt – Not been used yet but it’s cute
Shower Scrunchy – Spare one as they came in a pack of 3
Shower gel – Lime scented, Aldi’s own brand, smells delicious
What’s in your cupboard?
I don’t listen to music as often as I would like to these days. When I’m at home alone, I would normally put the TV on and listen to music channels or tend to put Spotify on my phone on the speaker in the kitchen if i’m in the garden.
Whenever we go out, I tend to stick on the radio or the odd CD, yes I do still listen to CD’s in my car.
Anyway, I was tagged by Rachel from Coffee,Cake, Kids to put on my playlist (I only have one called Kims Playlist, with only 150 tracks on), put it on shuffle and write about the first fifteen songs that came on. I thought it could end up quite interesting – I have a really wide taste in music, which the songs below show from pop, rock to RnB.
- Thank the person who nominated you for this tag and link to their blog.
- Shuffle your entire music library or a very large playlist (no matter how old songs the songs are)
- Talk about the FIRST FIFTEEN songs that come up (anything like why they are there, if they signify something, any story, why you like them, etc.)
- Mention the songs as well as the artists.
- Tag about 7 people and please let them know
- Photography – Nickleback
I have always been a huge fan of Nickleback, I’ve been to see them in concert and they were AMAZING!! I can never get bored of their songs and love them all plus know all the words to the majority of their songs.
2. She’s Kind Hot – 5 Seconds of Summer
.A bit of cheese, I don’t know what it is about this song but it is so catchy and just got caught up in it and couldn’t stop listening to it.
3. The One – Kodaline
This is my favourite ever song because it was our first dance song at our wedding back in October 2017. I know all the words and it brings tears to my eyes and chokes me up everytime I listen to it. I could never get bored of such a beautiful and meaningful song.
4. The Reason – Hoobastank
I have loved this song for many years, it was a favourite of mine and my best friend Coral in school, and still know all the words to this song too. I have there album too which is a good one to have.
5. Vintage Queen – Goldfinger
I think I heard this is a film I watched and it stuck me so I downloaded it. It isn’t to everyones taste but I like it. Its a bit like rock music but I like all types of music.
6. Foundations – Kate Nash
This is so old but I still love it and know all the words. This is another song I can’t seem to get bored of.
7. Good Grief – Bastille
Great band, great catchy music, love it.
8. Berzerk – Eminem
Eminem is not everyones cup of tea and I don’t like all his song but his few recent ones I have loved and this is one of them.
9. JCB Song – Nizlopi
This is a real cheese ball of a song if you have never listened to it or heard of it, go download it or listen too it.
10. This is me – The Greatest Showman
I heard this song once on the radio and was instantly addicted to it’s catchy tune. I’m still yet to watch the movie itself
11. Shotgun – George Ezra
I’ve never been a huge George Ezra fan but his latest two songs I am loving and find myself singing at the top of my voice in the car when they come on the radio everytime.
12. Beautiful Trama – Pink
I have always been a huge fan of Pink, have seen her in concert too and she was brilliant. I have all her albums so was super excited when she released her new ones and Immediately downloaded them.
13. Ugly Heart – G.R.L
I don’t even know where I heard this song but it was right up my street so downloaded it.
14. Paradise – George Ezra
As said above, his new songs are addictive
15. Parklife – Blur
I’m not a blur fan but this song is the only one I do like and the video is funny too.
With my due date fast approaching approx now 2 weeks to go, it was about time we starting planning the baby nursery even though baby won’t be in it for a few months I still want it looking cute and ready.
We weren’t finding out the sex of our the baby so we are having to decorate the room in neutral colours, it is currently magnolia all over but would like to add some colours to the walls in forms of art or pictures to brighten it up.
I was offered a wall print of my choice off Kids prints website to review, we choose this Abstract tree with 3 owls in size medium (approx 150cm x 170cm). This print is available in 3 sizes, small (approx 150cm x 140cm), medium (as above) and large (approx 170cm x 170cm), it will fit any size room and space available and prices start from just £42.
It was so hard choosing from all the different designs that were available from Kids Print website but eventually, we made up our minds.
We choose the above print as it was suitable for both genders and with us not knowing what were having it would be perfect and would certainly add some colour and a lovely feature to the wall of our nursery.
It arrived in a lovely brightly coloured triangle cardboard box, with instructions on the inside, the wall art print was rolled up to protect it in the middle.
It had further instructions with it inside to explain how to apply the wall art and if required remove them as well.
I was under the impressions it came ready made up whole on one sheet, ready to just stick straight on the wall. When I received this I was a little disappointed but may have got it wrong and misread the description. I was looking forward to the challenge though of how easy it was to put together up on the wall and see my creative side. I liked the idea you could make it up as you went along and put the Owls where you wanted them too.
The time taken was approx an hour and half.
The cost of the product is RRP £78 which I thought wasn’t bad value for money considering the work that goes into it and the actually size. The wall we put it on was the perfect size.
We had great fun putting it together on the wall, yet it was difficult at the same time to try and work out what it was going to look like, plus the amount of times we had to peel, stick repeel and stick it back. Just hope it stays put now.
- We received this product free of charge for the purpose of the review. However, all thoughts, opinions and pictures are my own.
I was tagged to do this by Rachel from Coffeecakekids This is a little tag sort of thing that has been going around the internet and blogs for a few weeks, where you share twenty facts about you that people may or may not know. It’s actually a lot harder than you think to try and write down 20 facts about yourself.
- I have claustraphobia and have done from a very young age. It is getting better but still panic every time I am in a lift and go into hot sweats.
- Me & My fiance are expecting our first child together in July, we didn’t know I was pregnant till I was almost 10 weeks, and we found out by going for a routine check-up at the doctors. We couldn’t be more excited. I have now only got 4 weeks.
- I always wanted to become a veterinary nurse and studied at college for many years but when I got into a veterinary practice I decided after 9 months I realised it wasn’t for me.
- I have always been a keen animal lover and have owned a variety of pets, from hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, fish, Tortoise and a dog. This will never change and my kids will grow up with pets too.
- My dream holiday destination is to go to Australia. We had planned to go for our honeymoon but we have postponed it due to having a baby on the way.
- I have been driving for nearly 12 & half years and have only owned 3 cars, my first being a bright yellow Citroen Saxo, unfortunately.
- I once met the runner-up of Pop Idol Gareth Gates in Solihull Town Centre.
- I was adopted at just under 2 years old and don’t know anything about my family history, but couldn’t be happier where I am now.
- I don’t like Coffee or any flavours of coke cola
- I bought my first house with my fiance Tom in September 2014, due to building work and electrics needing replacing we didn’t move in till the December.
- Tom has been my longest term partner at 8 & half years, we have been engaged for 4 years and due to get married in October 2017
- I am quite a short arse and don’t even reach 5 foot tall, 4 foot 11inches to be exact.
- My favourite meal when I lived at home was Lamb chops, mash, veg and lots of gravy.
- My Grandma & Grandpa used to own a house in Tywyn Wales and most holidays we used to go and stay there with my cousins.
- I may be nearly 30 this year but I love arcade 2p machines, I have to go to an arcade and play on them, sometimes wonder who is having more fun me or my nephews.
- I’ve got 4 nephews, a niece & a godson – Oldest is 9 years & the youngest under 1.
- I have 1 sister, there are only 18months between us. We don’t always get on but we are always there for each other.
- I don’t like any types of beer or lager but will drink most other alcoholic beverages.
- My favourite holiday destination I have been on has to by Cyprus so far.
- I have very olive skin so when I go out in the sun I tan very easily and get asked if I have been away on holiday, and it is just a case I have been sitting in the garden.
We all have that one meal that we absolutely love and would quite happily eat every day of the week…Right? So I thought I would do my top 7 all-time favourite meals.
- Roast Dinners – I love all types of meat and as long as there are lashings of gravy all over it I’m happy.
- Medium/Rare Steak – I have tried to cook this at home but it never tastes as good as going to a steakhouse. With thick cut chips and peppercorn sauce.
- Tuna Pasta bake – Quick & very simple to make
- Lasagna with Garlic bread and tonnes of cheese on top – I try and make this at least once a week as this is the other half’s favourite.
- Casserole – I love any meat types, with creamy mash potato, vegetables and plenty of gravy.
- Quiche, Beef bachelors rice with Salad, Jacket/Sweet potato.
- Spaghetti Bolognese or Meatballs with Garlic bread and plenty of cheese on top.
I had a huge response to this post and sadly couldn’t include everyone so I have randomly selected a handful to include in the post. A huge thank you to everyone that got involved, some fantastic meal choices and I will certainly be trying these out soon.
Emma from http://www.methemanandthebaby.co.uk/ says Chocolate Korma
Stacey from http://www.staceyinthesticks.com/ says Lasagna
Tracey from https://www.packthepjs.com/ says homemade pizza – making my own dough and cooking using our garden pizza oven
Rachel from http://www.coffeecakekids.com/ says baked camembert, crusty bread and olive oil
Jen from http://www.justaveragejen.com/ says Butternut Squash Risotto.
Kai from https://kaidenlaverty.com/ Says Southern fried chicken and bacon sandwiched together with 2 sugared Belgian waffles, topped with maple syrup. (May sound bizarre but maple syrup is amazing).
Maria from https://www.suburban-mum.com/tasty-italian-pesto-chicken/ says Italian Pesto Chicken – It’s delicious.
Rachel from http://www.mummahub.co.uk/ says “Oh I think it’d have to be a good old British roast, with crumble for pudding.
Jaymee from https://themumdiaries.co.uk/ says spaghetti Bolognaise
Nyomi from http://www.nomipalony.com/ says a good medium rare steak with homemade chips – my mouth is watering just thinking about it
Emma from https://readyfreddiego.com/ says Brisket of beef on the bone, cooked slow & low all day with extra suet on from the butcher to keep it moist and full of beefy flavours. Served with buttery soft mash or crisp roasties, carrots and thick, dark brisket gravy
Victoria from https://www.mummytimestwo.com/ says our family favourite is fajitas, I cooked it for the other half on our first date and it’s now our eldest favourite too.
Catherine from http://battlemum.com/ says our all-time favourite is meatloaf. My mum used to do it with mash but I now do it with Roast potatoes and gravy. It’s a great Sunday dinner in our house. Yum!
Kerry from http://www.kerryshawmummyoffour.com/?m=1 Says Thai green Chicken Curry with sticky rice – It’s my kids favourite too.
Thank you to everyone that got themselves involved.
Bedtime – my favourite time of the day! Rachel from Coffee, Cake, Kids tagged me in ‘The Bedtime Tag Quiz’, where I’ve answered a few questions about my bedtime routine. Here goes!
1.Describe your usual bedtime routine.
I can’t really say I have one, Other than going upstairs getting into my pyjamas, brushing my teeth and taking my makeup off then snuggling up in bed I don’t have a routine as not one night is the same lol.
2.What are your favourite pyjamas?
I have lots of different pairs, winter ones which are fluffy and warm, I have summer ones, which are shorts & Vests, then I have ones that I never wear. If I had to pick any it would have to be my new fluffy ones I got for my birthday from my mum & dad, they make me feel so comfy, snug and warm.
What is your current bedtime reading?
It’s very rare that I actually read in bed as I tend to just fall asleep as I’m too relaxed when I get into bed. But the book I am reading at the moment is called the Boss’s Son and is an office Romance, and has me very hooked.
What would I find on your bedside table?
Apart from all sorts of rubbish, you would find my make up & bag, my OH’s hair gel & Comb, tissues, hairbrush, My heart monitor recorder that takes reading every night at midnight and my watch & jewellery.
What scent makes you sleepy?
I can honestly say no scent makes me sleepy, but that may change when I have my baby as I can’t resist that fresh, clean new baby scent, will have to wait and see.
What is your usual bedtime and wake-up time?
I usually go to bed anywhere from 9pm onwards but since been pregnant I could go to bed anything from 8pm and wake up between 6am and 10pm including weekends.
What are your top three bedtime products?
My face wipes, Tea tree cleansing lotion and my tea tree night cleanser.
What is your most common sleeping position?
I tend to sleep on my side or occasionally on my back and front – I do fidget in bed though! It’s been hard trying to get comfy since been pregnant though as you are only allowed to sleep certain ways.
Do you have anything you like to take to bed with you?
No, just myself and occasionally a drink
What is your worst bedtime habit?
I can’t say I have any except I do tend to play on my phone a lot before bed.
I’m now tagging Serena from Ramblings of another uni student